Accessibility report - DiVA
This document describes how the DiVA portal and the DiVA members' individual portals meets the requirements of the Act on the Accessibility of Digital Public Services, any known accessibility problems and how you can report deficiencies to us so that we can remedy them. The DiVA consortium, which is managed by Uppsala University Library, is responsible for the website https://www.diva-portal.org/ while the individual members are responsible for their respective portals (https://www.[Domain].diva-portal.org/).
The DiVA-portal and the individual members' portals share the same underlying structure. Each members’ portal has certain layout elements, such as colour schemes, and logos that differentiate them.
How accessible is the website?
This website is partially compatible with the Act on the Accessibility of Digital Public Services.
What can you do if you can not use parts of the site?
If you need information from diva-portal.org in any other format, such as accessible PDF, large text, easy-to-read, audio recording or Braille, you can notify us via e-mail: email@example.com. Each DiVA member is responsible for their own files and content. If you want to share an opinion or report a problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your e-mail to the correct recipient.
Report deficiencies in website accessibility
We constantly strive to improve the website’s accessibility. If you come across problems that are not described on this page, or if you believe we are not complying with the requirements of the law, please let us know so that we are aware of the problem’s existence.
The Agency for Digital Government is responsible for supervision of the Act on the Accessibility of Digital Public Services. If you are not satisfied with our response to your comments, you can contact the Agency for Digital Government and complain.
Technical information about the accessibility of the website
This website is partially compatible with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, level AA.
The contents that are not accessible are described below.
The shortcomings of the website
Contents on diva-portal.org and local DiVA portals not available under WCAG A or AA is described below:
- Some content-bearing images lack text alternatives. [WCAG 1.1.1 (A)]
- Some web pages include text fields that are marked with heading tags but have no content. [WCAG 1.3.1 (A)]
- Some fields where the user has to make a choice lack a description. [WCAG1.3.1 (A)]
- Some images contain text. [WCAG 1.4.5 (AA)]
- On some pages it is not possible to bypass content that is repeated on multiple pages (there is no link at the top of the web page leading to the main contents of the page). [WCAG 2.4.1 (A)]
- Some web pages do not have a logical tab order. [WCAG 2.4.3 (A)]
- Some elements of the website do not come into focus when the visitor navigates using the tab. [WCAG 2.4.3 (A)] and [WCAG 2.4.7 (AA)]
- Some linked images have no alt text [WCAG 2.4.4 (A)]
- On some web pages, the headings are not correctly hierarchically structured [WCAG 2.10.1 (AAA)]
- Some input fields in which the visitor has to enter text have a visible description but no HTML label or aria-labelledby attribute. [WCAG 3.3.2 (A)]
- The website does not have a responsive design (WCAG 1.4.10, (AA))
- Documents in PDF format and other document formats on the website may lack parts of the accessibility aspects specified in the directive as it has been deemed an unreasonably burdensome adaptation. [WCAG]
How we tested the site
We have conducted a self-assessment (internal evaluation) of https://www.diva-portal.org/ and the associated local portals https: // [domain].diva-portal.org /. The most recent assessment was made on 23 September 2020.
The review was performed by system developers, support and local domain administrators as well as via tests using web-based accessibility tools.
The report was last updated on 2020-09-23.